Monday, April 4, 2011

A.R.E.N.A

In the whole Guild Wars history, this has to be the best april fools joke yet. With the hypemeter going through the roof for Guild Wars 2 and it's 2 remaining unknown professions, the Commando was the perfect answer for april fools this year.

First of all, thumbs up for Arenanet for putting this much effort in it. Just shows how dedicated they are when it comes to the community. I really didn't expect the skills video's on the profession page, and they are awesome. This one in particular made me laugh out loud seriously:




When I found out there was a Commando waiting for me at Embark Beach, I was online in a blink of an eye, not expecting a new quest putting you in the schoes of a Commando. I love these kind of missions, playing as Keiran Thackeray in Hearts of the North was amazingly fun, and same goes for this mission.
You end up in Ascalon, 10 years before the guild wars, on your way to save Gwen's mother. And you get real Commando skills! And they are pretty cool, you get to throw grenades and using mine's etc. It also only takes like 2 battles to figure out how to be near invincable, until you meet the golem at the end. He isn't hard, but it certainly is not a walk in the park. When you beat him, you saved Gwen! Nice!

All this made me wonder how april 1st will look like in Guild Wars 2. Will we get the Commando class for one day? Or will we get something even more awesome?
Whatever it will be, I'm sure we'll have a good time, since we'll be playing Guild Wars 2 then. :)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment