Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Diary of Miss Elizabeth Dane: Ascension


The diary of Miss Elizabeth Dane is a view on Guild Wars through the eyes of a character. With the help of the heroes of her time, she embarks on adventure that makes her stronger and wiser.

Dear diary,

I've done something I could never have imagined when I started this journey. As of now, I am an ascended human. Even though I don't feel any different, it still feels like a big achievement.

To get here, I did 3 trials in Dunes of Despair, Thirsty River and Elona Reach. Ironicly, they really didn't challenge me all that much, but it certainly wasn't easy. Following the trials, Augury Rock opened up, presenting me the next challenge. In this challenge, I had to face myself...literally. I met the Doppelganger, who had the exact same skills in necromancy as me. Unforunaly for it, I was victorious.

I was teleported to the Dragon's Lair, where I could gain an audience with the dragon Glint. In order to do that, I had to "Defeat the six facets of the great dragon prophet", as one of the Forgotten told me. I went and did exactly that, meeting Glint. And she gave me a lot of information.


By ascending, I unlocked the gift of True Sight. This allows me to see the White Mantle's Unseen Gods, who according to Glint are no gods, but spellcasters called the Mursaat. They killed the Chosen to prevent the Prophecy, which tells the Mursaat will meet their end by a Chosen One. But I was more concearned of the Shining Blade who were captured. Glint offered me a trip to the Shiverpeak Mountains, which saves me a big trip.


And it's here I'm writing now, in Droknar's Forge, amongst the Brotherhood of the Dragon.
After a good rest, I'm off to give the White Mantle what they deserve.

Until next time!


You can find Miss Elizabeth Dane in-game. Help her out on her adventure, or just have a chat with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment