Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Diary of Miss Elizabeth Dane: Beginnings


The diary of Miss Elizabeth Dane is a view on Guild Wars from the eyes of a character. With the help of the heroes of her time, she embarks on adventure that makes her stronger and wiser.

Dear diary,

Since I'm starting to write today, I suppose an introduction is in order. 
Elizabeth Dane is the name, though friends call me Miss.
Born as Krytan, moved to Ascalon at a young age. Which was likely the most stupid thing to do, since I had the pleasure of seeing the Searing in action. Early on I noticed the power of past souls around me, which I later learned to be the source of power for Necromancy. That got me into a quest for knowledge, which led me to the title of Necromancer.

After The Searing, I helped Ascalon in any way I could. Then the Charr broke through the Great Northern Wall. Some wanted to defend what remained, others wanted to evacuate to Kryta. The great Prince Rurik led the refugees to Kryta, while his father King Adelbern stayed to defend Ascalon.
I followed Prince Rurik to Borlis Pass, where we helped refugees get to Kryta. And we did succeed, but it has costed Rurik his live. Arriving in Kryta, we realised we ran from one conflict to the next.


At first we got the chance to join a group called the White Mantle, and to witness one of their rituals, the Test of the Chosen. Then I met the Shining Blade, taking the chosen with them by force. We followed them, only to learn that the White Mantle kill the chosen for their heathen gods, the Unseen Ones. We stopped them, and moved on the the Hedge of Denravi. We enlisted the help of Vizier Khilbron, a powerful mage from Orr who advised the king of Orr. He wanted an artifact in return for his help, the Scepter of Orr, which was in hands on the White Mantle. Upon recovering the artifact, the Vizier informed us that Markis of the Shining Blade had betrayed us, and was in league with the White Mantle all this time. We got ambushed, the Shining Blade got scattered and we had to flee to the Crystal Desert.


And this is the story so far. I arrived in the Crystal Desert and traveled to a place called Augury Rock, where ghostly heroes told me about the trials to ascension.
I believe this is what I need to do in order to gain the power to help the Shining Blade.


And on a side note, while he helped us a lot, I think Khilbron has an agenda of his own.




There we go, the first piece of the Diary of Miss Elizabeth Dane. You can find her in game if you wish to join her journey, it could even get you mentioned in her diary.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment