Sunday, August 7, 2011

Guild Wars Build of the Month: Tainted Scythe

The first build of the month has arrived, and this one is an atempt to make a melee Necromancer in the spirit of the Guild Wars 2 Necromancer.


Tainted Scythe
 
Skills from 1-8:

This build is an attempt of mine to get some melee action going on with my Necromancer, for those times you don't feel like going MM or SS etc. It is a fun build so far, but I haven't tested it's effectiveness extensively yet. I picked Dervish here, because scythes look good on necro's, and because of the enchantments. Skills 1-3 are your weapon skills. Feel free to pick whatever you like for those slots, the ones I got here are the ones I like at the moment. You Move Like A Dwarf is there as interrupt, which I never go without.

Tainted Flesh is my answer to less armor. If you're getting hit, they will get diseased. Also makes you immune for disease, so it has multiple uses. Grenth's Aura is there for the same reason. You're going to lose health faster because of your armor, so we better have a way to gain life. It also lets you ignore armor, so offensive wise it's also a good skill. Then we have Signet of Pious Restraint, which I use to trigger the end effect of Eternal Aura. And Eternal Aura itself gives +100 health, and has no time limit. Perfect for our lower armor.

The way you want to use this build is to enchant yourself, en then go in battle with melee skills. Eternal Aura is cast when you enter a map, since it has no time limit. Then, before an encounter, use Tainted Flesh on yourself, followed by Grenth's Aura. Go into battle and use your 1-3 skills to increase damage.
Watch out for enchantment removal though, because they really do make the difference for our fragile Necromancer.

Again, this is a fun build, so I can't guarantee performance here. Then again, I find myself switching often to this build to play casually and when I'm not in the mood to be a caster.
Try this one out, and I promise you'll have a good time!

As always, comments can be posted with no registration, so don't hold back. And I'd love some feedback too!

Until next time!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment